Book your Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) therapist today. Evolve’s MLD therapists perform this non-invasive manual massage directly on the skin without oil. The technique involves a gentle stretch and torque to the skin in a specific way to facilitate the movement of the lymph fluid to decrease swelling and pain.
MLD provides relief by inhibiting pain, calming our nervous system down, and helping circulate our immune cells. It can also help keep digestion regular, decreasing bloating and discomfort while increasing nutrient absorption.
It is usually known for helping cancer patients post-treatment as it is common to develop lymphedema after surgery and radiation therapies. However, MLD can help a variety of individuals coping with conditions such as:
- Skincare including acne, dermatitis and rosacea
- Digestion problems, including irritable bowel syndrome, bloating and constipation
- Managing seasonal allergies and sinusitis
- Feeling tired, low on energy and jet-lagged
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Depression, anxiety and stress
- Joint pain, including osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Sports injuries