Hello Evolve Community!
As Ontario begins to reopen and restart more businesses, we are now able to gradually resume providing massage therapy, chiropractic, acupuncture and physiotherapy treatments. We will be opening with reduced days, hours, and reduced staff for all appointments.
Our new office hours will be:
These days and times will slowly increase as therapists availability increase and the COVID-19 situation continues to improve.
You may be wondering what you can expect from your treatments in the midst of a pandemic. We hope that this guideline will help you feel safer and more confident as you access health care during this unprecedented time.
Before your appointment
- There will be some changes to the way appointments are scheduled and some new procedures for arriving to your appointment to keep you safe.
Before you arrive for your appointment
- Be patient and assess your own needs. RMT’s, physios and chiropractors are required to prioritize patients with more essential/urgent care needs.
- Ensure you arrive alone, and as close to your appointment time as possible. If you are unable to arrive alone, the person accompanying you will be screened, asked to provide their name and phone number for contact tracing purposes, and to wear a cloth or disposable mask.
- You will be asked to wait outside or in your car until your therapist is ready to begin your treatment.
- You will be virtually screened for your risk of COVID-19. You will receive a screening questionnaire at the time of booking your appointment and upon confirmation of your appointment.
- You will notice that there is more time between available appointments. This is because the therapists need more time between patients to complete all cleaning and disinfecting procedures.
- Payment also will be settled before your arrive by e-transfer, direct billing or we can charge your credit card on file.
When you arrive
Once you arrive, things might look a little different, and you may be asked to behave a little differently than you would have in the past. When you arrive at your appointment you will:
- Be required to sanitize your hands. You will see signage outlining proper handwashing procedures. Your therapist will also wash their hands before each treatment, after disinfecting the space, and after your treatment.
- Have your temperature checked
- Be screened again for COVID-19 to ensure your status has not changed.
- Be asked to provide your name and phone number in a log to be used for potential future contact tracing. You may choose to refuse to provide this information.
- Bring a disposable or reusable mask, which you will be asked to wear for the duration of the treatment. If you do not have a mask, the clinic can supply one to you for an additional $2 added to your fee. If you have a health condition that makes wearing a mask difficult, your therapist will use their professional judgement to assess the risks of continuing a treatment. If you have any concerns about wearing a mask, contact the clinic in advance. Your therapist will also be wearing a mask.
- See the waiting room may look a bit different, with any seats spaced two meters apart (seats may also be removed) and you won’t see things like magazines or a water service, which are difficult to disinfect.
- See signage at entrance and reception area, and treatment rooms that outline the signs and symptoms of COVID-19, what to do if one is at risk, and how to limit transmission, including signage reiterating the requirement to wear a mask and wash your hands before proceeding.
During your appointment
While the treatment will remain as normal as possible, there will be a couple of changes:
- You will be asked to wear your mask during the treatment.
- Your therapist will also be wearing a mask at all times.
Behind the scenes
There are a lot of things that therapists will be doing behind the scenes to keep their patients safe. This includes:
- Changing linens, blankets and pillows between patients which will be washed and dried on the highest heat setting possible (RMT appointments).
- Cleaning and disinfecting high touch surfaces (e.g. light switches, door knobs, counter tops, etc.) at least twice per day.
- Disinfecting the treatment room and all of its equipment between patients. This includes but is not limited to the treatment table, stool, bolsters, oil bottle and face cradle. Any face cradle cover is changed after each patient.
After the appointment
After your appointment and as you proceed to reception area to leave the clinic, things might be a little different as well:
- We will be emailing receipts except for RMT treatments where the RMT is required to sign the receipt.
- We are not accepting cash at this time.
- After the appointment your therapist will wash their hands (including forearms and elbows) with soap and water before and after disinfecting. They will then clean and disinfect anything used during the appointment.
- While you are not receiving treatment, you should maintain a 2 meter distance from your therapist.
Although the treatment environment and the procedures you are expected to follow might be a little different, what remains the same is our commitment to the health and safety of our patients. During this unprecedented time, we are working hard to ensure we can provide you with the health care you need as safely as possible.